Why Volunteer at RPG Research?
With more than two hundred volunteers around the world, people support RPG Research's goals with a few hours a week of their time for a variety of reasons.
Our volunteers make a huge difference improving the quality of life for the lives of the individuals we serve, and a real positive impact on the neighborhoods. See our 2020 impact statement, more than 30,000 lives improved in 2020!
Apply to be an RPG Research Volunteer Today!
See our list of open volunteer positions here:
Why Do People Volunteer at RPG Research?
A number of people ask why anyone would volunteer without pay in general, or why they would volunteer at RPG Research.
This section provides a list of common reasons given by our volunteers across 5 continents. Working for free is typical for non-profit volunteer-run 501(c)3 charities like RPG Research. We have nearly 100 volunteer around the world, some for many years now, happy to do so. People volunteer to help RPG Research in our Mission and Vision for a variety of reasons.
- Experienced professionals, with a few hour per week to spare, that believe in what we are doing as a 501(c)3 non-profit, and want to help us by providing their established skills during their free time.
- Students and others wishing to develop their experience, skills, and resume as they work toward professional goals
- People who wish to become RPG Professionals and are trying to meet the training and experience requirements required for paid employment by RPG Therapeutics LLC and other organizations (reportedly paying between $15 to $250 per hour (averages around $25-75)). RPG Research provides RPG Training for free, in return for your volunteering twice per month to help with our research and community programs around the world.
- Retirees and others who want to help do good for others.
- Various researchers, professors and others who are excited about the research we are doing and wish be a part of the research projects furthering the body of knowledge for the industry and betterment of humankind.
- They are passionate about what we do and are glad to join with fellow enthusiasts and happy to have the privilege to participate in such a great community doing what they love.
These are just a few of the more typical reasons our volunteers provide.