Role-Playing Game Research - No Longer Open Fridays. DONATE TODAY! New Role-Playing Game Community Center Hours Effective June 1st, 2023
Role-Playing Game Community Center hours changing for Fridays to 5-9 pm. Saturdays still 1-5 pm. UPDATE JULY 2023: SEE https://www.rpgresearch.com/calendar FOR CURRENT SCHEDULE CHANGES.
The RPG Research Community Calendar is updated as follows:
Fridays 5 to 9 pm.
- Saturdays 1 to 5 pm.
Pending additional staffing we are hoping we can open on Sundays as well in the near future.
Remember, we can only keep our doors open to the public if YOU DONATE TODAY!
Known across multiple industries as "The Grandfather of Therapeutic Gaming" because he has been studying the effects and uses of role-playing games and their potential to achieve therapeutic goals longer than anyone else, Hawke Robinson is a Washington State Department of Health Registered Recreational Therapist.
He has a diverse and deep background in Therapeutic Recreation / Recreation Therapy, computer science, neuroscience, cognitive neuropsychology, neurotech, research psychology, nursing, play therapy, education, music, and role-playing gaming.
- Hawke Robinson has been involved with role-playing games in community settings since 1977.
- Studying methods for optimizing the experience of role-playing games, software development, and online since 1979.
- A paid professional game master since 1982.
- Studying the effects of role-playing games upon participants since 1983.
- Providing role-playing games in educational settings and for educational goals since 1985.
- Working with incarcerated populations since 1989.
- Researching and using role-playing games to achieve therapeutic goals for a wide range of populations from 2 years old through senior adults since 2004.
- Founder and Executive Director of the non-profit 501(c)3 charitable research and human services organization, RPG Research.
- Founder and CEO of the for-profit RPG Therapeutics LLC and RPG.LLC.
- Author of multiple books in technology and gaming W.A. Hawkes-Robinson books available on Amazon.
- Creator of the wheelchair accessible RPG Mobile fleet vehicles and trailers.
- Founder of the experiential learning Role-Playing Game RPG Museum, and much more.
- Creator of the Brain-Computer Interface Role-Playing Game (BCI RPG) and many other related projects.