BFRPG Recommended Play Order for Our Programs
For those training as a volunteer game master at RPG Research, and interested in running the Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game (BFRPG) system there are many options, the following is what we are evaluating for our trainees and community programs.
We recommend using XP PC level advancement NOT milestone advancement.
Our GMs are trained to provide more generous XP for creative non-violent solutions, while still allowing for those that want to take the combat approach (which is the riskier and slower advancement approach with less variety of rewards). If only focusing on combat, a level 1 Thief would have to go through 3 to 5 adventures to make level 2. Versus if they focus on earning XP in more creative ways, they may be able to level up faster.
Remember cannot level up more than one level per game in BFRPG.
The following is a suggested order of adventures and PC group level advancement:
- PL1: __ RPGR BFRPG Solo Adventure 1 - level 0 to 1 - __ pages (~ __ XP) - 1 short session - PC Level 0. >>TODO<<
- PL1: __ RPGR BFRPG Solo Adventure 2 - level 1 - __ pages (~ __ XP) - 1 to 2 short session(s) - PC Level 1. >>TODO<<
- PL1/GM1: __ RPGR BFRPG Group Adventure 1 - level 1 - __ pages (~ __ XP) - 1 session - PC level 1. >>TODO<<
- PL1/GM1: AA Bear Dungeon - levels 0 to 1 - 3 pages (~1323 XP) - 1 to 2 sessions - Average PC level 1. *
- PL1/GM1: AA1 Vault of Thaire Levels 1 to 3 - 6 pages ( ~ 660 XP (+15k if defeat elder god lol!)) - 1 to 2 sessions - Average PC level 1. *
- PL1/GM1: AA1 Gold in the Hills 2 to 4 characters levels 1 to 3 - __ pages (~ ____ XP) - 1 to 2 sessions - Average PC level 1 to 2. *
- PL2/GM2: CS1 Castle by the Sea #6 "Call of Doom" (Gonnerman) 4 to 8 character Level 1 to 4 - 10 pages - (~4,165 XP) - 2 to 4 sessions - Average PC level 2. *
- PL2/GM2: AA2 Wulfric's 4 to 6 characters levels 3 to 5 - __ pages (~ ____ XP_ - 3 to 5 sessions? Average PC level 2 to 3. ^
- PL3/GM2: AA3 The Mystery of Drakestein Island 4 to 6 characters levels 3 to 5 - __ pages (~ ____ XP) - 4 to 6 sessions? Average PC level 3. ^
- PL3/GM3: KH1 The Blackapple Brugh any number players levels 1 to 5 - short campaign 8-12+ sessions? Average PC level 3 to 4. ^
- PL4/GM4: AA1 The Slaver's Fortress 3 to 6 players Level 4 to 8 - 4 to 8 sessions - Average PC level minimum 4. *
- PL5/GM5: AA2 The Raid on Aquila Tower 3 to 5 PCs levels 5 to 7 - 7 pages (~ ____ XP +Can earn title, land, and even have a home built!) - 3 to 5 sessions? Average Minimum PC level 5. ^
- PL6/GM6: JN2 Monkey Isle Levels 4 to 6 - medium campaign 12 to 24 sessions? Average PC Level 6. ^
- PL7/GM7: JN3 Saga of the Giants levels 9 to 12+ - 170 pages - long campaign 24+ sessions? Minimum PC level 9.
>>TODO<< We are in the process of creating this ourselves since it does not exist anywhere else.
PLx = Volunteer Player training diploma level.
GMx = Game Master training diploma level.
* = we've run and evaluated this.
^ = we have not yet run and evaluated this.
World Map Adventure Locations
Does BFRPG have its own world(s) to place all these locations or should we stick these in Hawke's Worlds of Beru setting?